ASC Systems FAA RO Amplifier FA-8166B
Home → Sales Archive → Sold Outboard/Recording
ASC Systems FAA RO Amplifier FA-8166B Pair Mic Pre Limiter Compressor
For sale is a rare vintage stereo FAA mic pre / limiter rack. The mic and line level on this rack has loads of gain, very clean germanium transistor clarity with transformer coupled for smooth sound. 2 channels of balanced XLR or 1/4" mic TRS input with analog metering. 2 Regulated microphone preamplifiers with signal gain regulation (Type FA-8166 B/2). Two inputs per amplifier so you can also mix signals together. Internal compressor/expander (preset). Excellent for vocals, guitars our acoustic instruments. Germanium transistors for clean, clear powerful sound. New gold XLR and TRS inputs. Fully functional.
- Germanium RCA transistors
- Silver teflon wire, silver plated switches.
- Dual 600 ohm Input and 600 ohm output Transformers (PX3173, PX3172, PX3373).
- Stepped Input and output attenuation
- Lots and lots of headroom on these
- vitamin Q capacitors, all military spec components.
- Power Supply (Type FA-8168 B)
- Power transformer (PX3176) with Secondary 37V @ 2.7A DC regulated -29 volt Adjust.
- Dated 1973, with Serial number 513
- Measures 19" wide x 13 1/2" deep x 6 3/4" tall. Rack mountable